Ultimate Decadent Dessert: Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Chip Delights
You know what makes a dessert - and in fact any recipe - appealing?
Delicious ingredients like nutella, peanut butter and chocolate chips, oh and the fact that you only need one bowl, no mixer and around 5 minutes up your sleeve...
It is for these reasons that this recipe is just SO enticing.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips
about 1/3 cup Nutella (Homemade Peanut Butter or Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter may be substituted)
1. Preheat your oven to around 170 degrees celcius and line a baking pan with baking paper. Spray the area with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Using a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for about a minute on HIGH.
3. Allow the butter to cool for a few minutes before adding the egg and then add the brown sugar and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
4. Next, add the flour and stir until just combined, be careful not to overmix the batter.
5. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
6. Pour your batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
7. Evenly add and swirl the Nutella. To create a marbled pattern, drizzle Nutella over batter in 5 wide, evenly spaced, parallel lines, each spanning the length of the pan. Using a toothpick, draw adhoc lines through the drizzles of nutella, creating a marbled pattern.
8. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until slightly golden. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
Recipe by Averie Sunshine