People Are Dyeing Their Hair With Coffee.. And It Works?!
Is it time for a new look but don't want to go too drastic? Maybe you don't want to spend too much time or money?
Some US-based beauty enthusiasts have found a surprisingly effective way to give your hair a natural-looking dye, on the cheap! Drawing inspiration from Dunkin' Donuts Dark Roast Ground Coffee (opt for any similar dark roast ground coffee in Australia, preferably organic), they made a simple formula by adding with a conditioner.
So, I rinse a cup of coffee through my hair we hear you asking... not quite, follow these steps below:
1. Brew two cups of coffee. IMPORTANT: Let them go cold before continuing.
2. Mix 2 cups of conditioner with 4 tablespoons of the ground coffee until it completely dissolves and turns into a paste.
3. Wash your hair with regular shampoo then towel dry.
4. Soak your hair in the cold coffee mixture. If it’s too hard to soak, just wetting it will work but make sure to get all of it.
5. Add in the coffee paste, massaging it through from root to tip. Do this until you’ve done all your hair.
6. Pop on a shower cap and leave it for an hour.
7. Rinse out the mixture then shampoo and condition your hair to get the last of the coffee residue out.