Woman Rips Off Cornea After Leaving Lenses In For Too Long
Meabh McHugh-Hill, a 23-year-old from the UK is lucky to still be able to see after leaving her contact lenses in for two hours longer (10 hours total) than the recommended time and ripping part of her cornea out as a result.
Literally, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...
But apparently not, and Meabh
"I ran upstairs to take them out and stupidly, in a rush, I just pinched my eye first like
"But I should have moistened them first - because this time my eye was so dry the contact had actually glued itself to my eyeball."
As a result, the university student was forced to stay in darkness for five days after the injury caused her left eye to completely shut and the right eye to become extremely sensitive to light.
"I suffered a week of unbearable pain - it was excruciating, like nothing I've ever experienced before," she said.
"My vision is okay now but my eye is still very sensitive. I was so, so lucky. I could have lost my sight. I just didn't
Meabh now has a permanent scar on her left eyeball and she will never be able to have laser eye surgery or wear contact lenses again...but tbh we don't think she'd ever want to go near the lenses ever again after going through this ordeal...