More Charges Over Hit-Run Crash Which Killed Motorcyclist
The driver who was allegedly spotted fleeing from the scene where a motorcyclist was struck, and later died, is now up on extra charges.
The 25-year-old rider was critically injured in the early hours of Valentine’s Day when a Ford Falcon knocked him off his bike while riding along Leach Highway in Welshpool.
Police say that the Falcon was travelling on the wrong side of the road.
The man was taken to Royal Perth Hospital but later died.
The alleged driver of the car, a 35-year-old woman from New Zealand, was initially charged with manslaughter, will return to court on March 27 on five extra charges:
- Failing to Comply with a Direction To Stop by Police
- Failing to Stop and Render Assistance after Incident Occasioning Death
- Failing to Report an Incident Occasioning Death
- No Authority to Drive (court suspended)
- Display False Registration Plates