96FM Perth
Better Music And More Of It

Now Playing:

Listen on

Woman Lights Candle During Blackout, Was Actually Dynamite

A woman was left with severe injuries after lighting what she thought was a candle during a power outage.

Except it wasn’t a candle. It was a stick of dynamite.

Storms had earlier knocked the power out to the woman’s family home but had uncovered what they thought were candles in the home’s basement, left there by the previous occupants a couple of years earlier.

The 30-year-old mother of two then tried to light the quarter stick of dynamite before it exploded, causing severe injuries to her face and hands, including the loss of several fingers.

A search by authorities uncovered yet another explosive, which was then detonated.

Share this: