5 Things You're Thinking When Standing On A Body Scanner
At the start of F45’s 8 Week Challenge, everyone pops in for a body scan.
Basically, it’s a way for the trainers to see where you’re at and help you set some goals.
But in reality, it’s a machine you stand on that tells you the horrible truth about what your body’s made up of: how much muscle, how much water... and how much FAT.
Now, when I stood on the thing - knowing full well it was about to spew out an intimate assessment of my insides - I was filled with dread.
So I asked some of my fellow challengers what goes through their heads while they’re on the machine, and came up with this list.
1. "Will this thing know I ate pasta bake and a whole M&M Chocolate block last night?"
2. While staring at the body fat scale that keeps increasing: "Will it EVER stop?"
3. Waiting for your results: "I haven’t been this emotionally invested in a test result since I went for my driver’s license"
4. Upon remembering your 'before' photo will be taken next: "Did I even wear undies today?"
5. And... "Just remember you have a GREAT personality"
Thanks fellow challengers for the help.
And don’t forget: as we obsess over body-fat and lean-muscle-mass percentages for a solid 8 weeks, the expression 'it’s what’s inside that counts' has more than just one meaning.
Follow Carmen’s journey every week as she blogs on behalf of F45 Training