Survivalist Bear Grylls has almost died after he was stung by a bee while filming his new show.

Grylls, who is allergic to bee stings, had to be rescued by paramedics, who stopped him from going into anaphylactic shock.

Brain surgeon Mano Shanmuganathan, who co-stars in the upcoming series, told the Daily Star he was shocked to see Grylls react so badly.

“The irony of Bear the survivalist being stung, having the potential of an allergic reaction, and needing to be treated with an EpiPen, was a bizarre moment,” he said.

Grylls has previously spoken of this irony.

“Out of all of the massive, lethal, aggressive, man-eating crocs, snakes, alligators I’ve dealt with over the years, the one that gets me is a bee. It’s typical.”

In 2015, he posted this throwback to 2008 on Instagram…



View this post on Instagram


#TBT – The day I found out I was allergic to bees. #BearvsTheBee

A post shared by Bear Grylls OBE (@beargrylls) on

His new series, Treasure Island With Bear Grylls, follows strangers as they try to survive on a remote island for a month.

Missed The Bunch with Clairsy & Lisa? Catch up by clicking play below!