Second-in-line to the British throne Prince William has given an update on the health of his grandfather, Prince Philip, after he spent a sixth night in care at King Edward VII’s Hospital.
The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to hospital on Tuesday last week after beginning to feel ill, however, his symptoms were not believed to be linked to COVID-19.
Prince William has told reporters that the 99-year-old is now feeling OK, but doctors are keen to keep an eye on him as a precautionary measure.
“He’s doing okay, they’re keeping an eye on him,” Prince William told reporters on Monday.
It is understood that doctors had been acting out of an abundance of caution when they decided to hospitalise the Duke, although there has been no official update on his condition from the Royal Family since.
The unofficial update on Philip’s condition comes after a dramatic day for the royals, with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle officially being stripped of their royal duties.
Harry, however, is understood to be receiving regular updates on his grandfather’s health via Queen Elizabeth.