Heston Blumenthal won’t be returning to MasterChef in 2020 amid revelations a restaurant linked to the celebrity chef underpaid staff millions.
Channel 10 confirmed the news on Monday.
“Heston has been a long-time member of the MasterChef Australia family, but he will not be appearing in the upcoming season,” a spokesman told the Herald Sun.
Earlier this month, the United Workers Union said $4.5 million was owed to workers of Dinner by Heston, which operates at the Crown complex in Melbourne.
While the restaurant carries the celebrity chef’s name, Blumenthal is not a part-owner.
It’s also understood that the noshery will close at final service on Valentine’s Day.
Channel 10 would only confirm that Blumenthal would not feature this year.
“Season 12 of MasterChef Australia is currently in production, and we look forward to showing viewers our amazing new judges and an incredible cast later in the year on 10,” the spokesman said.
This year’s cooking show will look significantly different with the earlier departure of MasterChef OG hosts George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston.
Meanwhile, it’s been confirmed that Calombaris’ restaurant empire has collapsed.
MasterChef Australia, with its fresh panel of judges, Jock Zonfrillo, Melissa Leong, and Andy Allen, is currently in production.