It’s not just an artist impression anymore, Perth’s first Taco Bell exists as a brick-and-mortar store which is set to open in roughly two weeks.
The new digs are located on Great Eastern Highway in Midland, and honestly, we’re expecting nothing less than 2014 Krispy Kreme-level hype for the Mexican chain.
Along with the Midland store, it was reported earlier this year that the City of Swan received a development application for a vacant site on The Promenade in Ellenbrook which also included a Taco Bell.
Collins Foods (the same company that had the franchisee rights to Sizzler, RIP) operates 16 Taco Bell outlets across Queensland and Victoria.
Most of the response online has been positive, many reminiscing about random nights eating tacos, burritos, quesadillas and nachos from Taco Bell in the US.
- “…mems from being locked out from our Airbnb in NYC eating this”
- “So good ! I bet they are not 99c like I paid in the USA tho!”
- “remember Taco Bell 🤣🤣🤣 we went there on our night in San Diego”
- “I hate this kinda stuff normally but there’s somethin about it I dig”
- “I think Im gonna hate it but I also MUST try it”
And the downright afraid:
- “I don’t think my toilet is ready for this but I am”