KFC’s gravy is just…something else.
It’s special, it’s unique, it’s off CHOPS and now apparently we can make it home with stuff we probably already have in the pantry!
We’re talking butter, flour, pepper, garlic powder, beef stock cubes, chicken stock cubes and water and if you have sage lying around for some ZING then that’s optional.
KFC Gravy Recipe
- 4 tbsp. butter or shortening
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. sage (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cups water
- – Add both stock cubes to BOILED water and stir until dissolved.
- – Mix flour, sage, garlic powder and black pepper in separate small bowl.
- – Melt butter over low heat on a saucepan, stirring if necessary.
- – Add dry mixture to melted butter, stirring constantly.
- – Cook and stir until golden brown colour.
- – Slowly pour the dissolved stock into the saucepan mixture. Stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- – Turn the heat up to medium and cook until thickened to a gravy-esque consistency.
So now you have THE perfect topping for mash potatoes, chips or steaks or ANYTHING really.
Chuck this bad boy on literally anything and you’ll have happy munchers.