Three AFL players are under investigation over a possible breach of coronavirus restrictions after allegedly attending a house party last weekend.
Senior Fremantle Dockers defender Luke Ryan and young teammates Michael Frederick and Jason Carter have been seen in a social media video that sparked the investigation.
Seven people are seen in the video, which was reportedly filmed in Perth on Sunday night.
Western Australia had restricted gatherings to two people until Monday, when the limit was raised to 10 people.
An AFL spokesperson told AAP the league was aware of the incident and a Fremantle club spokesman confirmed an investigation was under way.
“We have been made aware of a video of a small gathering of people at a home on Sunday night, including three Fremantle players,” the Dockers spokesman said.
“We are in the process of speaking to the players involved and gathering all the relevant details and information.
“Once that is completed, the club will be in a position to comment further.”
The alleged incident involving Fremantle players comes just days after NRL players Nathan Cleary, Latrell Mitchell, Josh Addo-Carr and Tyronne Roberts-Davis were fined for similar offences.
Last month, North Melbourne players Cameron Zurhaar and Nick Larkey were forced to apologise for hosting a party and breaching social distancing guidelines.