Perth is now the king of dive bars… finally, the recognition we deserve.
Out of a list of 50, Joe’s Juice Joint in Northbridge came out on top as the best dive bar in the world.
While the dive bar concept is pretty much American, Joe’s competition included some exquisitely dingy bars from Taiwan, Poland, Amsterdam and Chile.
Of course, the US was well-represented, but was pipped at the post by the underground Perth laneway haunt.
According to Big 7 Travel, Joe’s ticked all the dive bar boxes, such as free peanuts, pinball, fried chicken and rock n’ roll, with votes coming from Big 7’s 1.5 million social media members and a panel of drink experts. They also canvassed online reviews, previous media coverage and notable blogs.
Top 10 Dive Bars In The World
- Joe’s Juice Joint, Perth, Australia
- The Salty Dawg Saloon, Homer, Alaska, USA
- Pijana Wiśnia, Warsaw, Poland
- The Pontiac, Hong Kong
- Turkey’s Nest – Brooklyn, USA
- Heartbreaker – Melbourne, Australia
- Albatross – Tokyo, Japan
- prikid – Reykjavik, Iceland
- Edna’s Bar & Grill – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- QP Pub – Bucharest, Romania