Oh man, it started off so well.
A lack of toilet paper had been causing havoc to sewerage systems across Australia as people resort to using stuff like paper towels, newspaper and even old t-shirts, and Botica’s Bunch were keen to talk about what can and can’t be flushed.
So we called out to our local plumbers to call in, as you do.
Thing is, we thought we were prepared to hear their stories…. and, not gonna lie, it got hilariously awkward.
Hit PLAY to listen in!
And a note… nothing but human waste and loo paper can be flushed down the toilet.
These must never be flushed, bin them after use.
- Baby wipes (even the ones that say they’re flushable)
- Cotton balls, pads and tips
- Menstrual products (they expand in water, they don’t break down)
- Nappies (you shouldn’t even be able to flush these so don’t even try it)
- Paper towels
- Tissues (they aren’t designed to break down)