One of the state’s most dangerous intersections is set for $370,000 worth of upgrades.
The intersection of Great Northern Highway at Swan Christian College was voted WA’s riskiest intersection in the 2018-19 RAC Risky Roads survey.
More than 23,000 vehicles use this section of the highway daily, more than 20% of which are heavy vehicles and over the past five years there have been 11 crashes at the intersection.
Modifications will include turning pockets, new pedestrian paths and road widening.
The upgrades are expected to be completed before the end of the year.
Perth’s Top 10 Risky Roads:
- Keirnan Street, Mundijong
- Kwinana Freeway & Canning Highway interchange, Como
- Armadale Road, Cockburn to Armadale
- Denny Avenue, Kelmscott
- North Lake Road (South Street to Cockburn Central), Kardinya – Cockburn Central
- Albany Highway, Bentley – Cannington
- Thomas Road (Tonkin Highway to Kwinana Freeway), Oakford
- Beaufort Street, Mt Lawley – Inglewood
- Hartman Drive, Darch
- Abernethy Road (Warrington Road to South Western Highway), Byford
- Fitzgerald Street, North Perth
Perth’s Top 10 Risky Intersections:
- Great Northern Highway X Swan Christian College, Middle Swan
- Nicholson Road X Thomas Road, Oakford
- Hartman Drive X Mullingar Way, Darch
- Green Street X Scarborough Beach Road, Mt Hawthorn / Osborne Park / Joondanna
- Kargotich Road X Thomas Road, Oakford
- Grantham Street X Jersey Street, Wembley
- Clayton Street X Military Road, Bellevue
- Rutland Road X Great Northern Highway, Bullsbrook
- Great Eastern Highway X Scott Street, Greenmount
- Alexander Road X Hardey Road, Belmont