- Other clubs: Subiaco
- Debut: 30 April 2005, Fremantle v Melbourne, MCG
- Recruited from: Seymour (Vic)/Murray U18
Sure, Matthew Pavlich may hold the Fremantle Dockers record for the most games than any footballer in the club’s history, but David Mundy is coming for it.
Now in his 18th year with Freo, 350 games is well within Mundy’s reach – a milestone only reached by 17 other players in AFL/VFL history.
Seemingly defying age, 35-year-old Mundy is consistently among Fremantle’s most decorated and, importantly, a guiding role for Freo’s emerging midfielders.
Not only is he one of the game’s elite, Mundy is also one of the most down-to-earth and a favourite at 96FM.
- All-Australian team: 2015
- Doig Medal: 2010
- Fremantle captain: 2016
- Ross Glendinning Medal 2013
- AFL Rising Star: 2005
- Beacon Award: 2005
- Fremantle Life Member: 2012
- Fremantle 25 since ‘95 Team
His nickname is Barra. As in ‘Barramundi’. Amazing.